MailPoet is a popular WordPress plugin used to create and manage email newsletters. It allows users to design and send professional-looking emails to their subscribers.
However, as your list grows and your marketing efforts become more complex, you might want to automate certain tasks to save time and improve your efficiency.
This is where SureTriggers comes in.
SureTriggers is an integration and automation platform that helps you create automated workflows, which are triggered by specific events or actions in one app and then perform an action in another app. It allows you to automate tasks like:-
- Automatically adding new subscribers to your MailPoet list when they fill out a form on your website.
- Automatically adding new users to a MailPoet list when they register on your website
- Automatically updating of subscribers when details are updated in CRM
These are some common examples. In this article, we will explain how SureTriggers can help integrate MailPoet with other apps and services and automate tasks.
How Automation in SureTriggers Works
Automation in SureTriggers is based on triggers and actions.
A trigger is an event that occurs in one app or service, and an action is a predefined task that is performed in another app or service based on that trigger.
For example, when a new subscriber joins your MailPoet list, this can trigger the workflow and you can perform an action to add the subscriber to your CRM tool.
SureTriggers Triggers And Actions For MailPoet
SureTriggers offers a range of triggers and actions for MailPoet, including:
- New Form Submission
- Add Subscriber: Adds a subscriber to a MailPoet list.
- Remove Subscriber: Removes a subscriber from a MailPoet list.
- Add User to List: Adds a user to a list.
- Update Subscriber Status: Changes the status of an existing subscriber.
Connecting Your MailPoet Account With SureTriggers
Here’s a video that will help you understand how to sign up for SureTriggers and Install it on your WordPress site.
Or you can follow the steps below:-
To get a SureTriggers account, you can simply go to our registration page and sign up by providing basic information like name, email, etc.
Once registered, you’ll receive an account verification email on the email address you used for registration.
You can verify the account by clicking the ‘Verify’ button in the email and your account is ready to set up automations!
Next is installing the SureTriggers connector plugin on your WordPress site where you’re using MailPoet Plugin.
SureTriggers plugin is available on the WordPress repository so you can simply search, install and activate it like you would install any other WordPress plugin. Or you can download the SureTriggers plugin zip from here and install it on your WordPress site.
Once the SureTriggers plugin is activated, follow the instructions on your screen to authorize and connect your WordPress site with SureTriggers, including MailPoet.
How to Create MailPoet Workflows With SureTriggers
If you’re running an online store powered by WooCommerce, it can be a challenge to keep track of all your customers and keep them informed about new products, sales, and promotions. But manually adding customers to your MailPoet list can be time-consuming and error-prone.
So SureTriggers can help you automate this task. Let’s see how you can create a workflow in SureTriggers to automate this task.
Once you’ve installed, the SureTriggers plugin on your WordPress sites where WooCommerce and MailPoet are installed, follow the steps below:-
Step 1: Set Up WooCommerce Trigger
- Go to the SureTriggers dashboard
- Click on create new workflow button
- Click on Add Trigger button
- Select the trigger app as ‘WooCommerce’
- Select trigger event as ‘Order Created’
- Select the site where you have WooCommerce installed
- Click on the fetch last data button to fetch the order details of the last created order. We’ll map this dynamic data in the following steps.
- Save this step.
Step 2: Add New Subscriber in MailerLite
- Click on the + icon to add a new action
- Select the action app as ‘MailPoet’
- Select action event as ‘Add New Subscriber’
- Select the site where you have MailPoet installed.
- You’ll see some fields to configure the action:-
- List – Select the list to which you want your WooCommerce customers to be added. You can select more than one list.
- Map First Name, Last Name, and Email Address from the dynamic data sent from WooCommerce.
- Select the subscriber status as per your preference
- Select if you want to send a signup confirmation email to the user.
- Once you’ve added the details as asked on the screen, click on test action.
- Once the test action is successful, save this step.
After you’ve configured the trigger and the action, simply publish the workflow so that whenever a new order is created in WooCommerce, the customer will be added to MailPoet.
This is a common use case that you achieve by setting up a workflow in SureTriggers to automate this task.
In addition to simpler workflows, you can also:-
- Create multi-step workflows and take actions in multiple apps when the trigger is received.
- Add SureTriggers Filters to only add subscribers in MailPoet who purchase more than $200 from your store and skip others.
The possibilities are endless.
Feel free to contact us if you need any assistance. We’d be more than happy to help! 🙂